Proficient In conservation of paintings, icons, polychrome wooden, stone and metal sculptures, murals, frames, and other objects.
Nearly forty years of experience In restoration and conservation of art objects.
• Experience with restoring artworks from antiquity to modern days, including contemporary art.
• Extensive museum experience In the United States and former USSR: Legion of Honor Museum, M.H. De Young Memorial Museum, Filoli Center,
St. Mary's College Museum, Anchorage Museum of Art and History, St. Herman’s Seminary’s Museum of Kodiak, San Francisco Airport Museum, Tretyakov
Gallery, Kremlin Museum, Andrei Rublev Museum of Ancient Russian Arts, Russian Museum, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of European, American, and Asian arts from antiquity to modern days.
• Numerous exhibits of conservational work throughout Europe and the former USSR.
• Diagnostic of the condition prior to treatment
• Development of treatment strategy and plans
• Customization and innovation of treatment techniques, solvent solutions, customized varnishes, paints, other materials and methods.
• Consolidation of damaged wooden bases and replacement of ruined parts of the wood In panel paintings, icons, and polychrome sculptures.
• Different methods of consolidation of damaged paint and ground layers using traditional and artificial materials. Complete replacement of ruined carriers.
• Stabilization of the paint layer and gesso by applying various consolidants and facing materials.
• Removal of overpaints.
• Experience with in-painting objects that suffered extensive damage and loss of paint layer.
• Innovative techniques for problematic varnish and overpaint removal, consolidation, and lining using new developments In our laboratory materials.
• Proficient In different gilding techniques
• Removal of graffiti from outdoor sculptures
• Removal of oxidation from surfaces of various metals
• Application of patina to metals
• Consolidation of paint layers on metals
• Develop unique techniques for restoration and consolidation of porcelain, ceramics, carved ivory, and other objects.
• Experience In training and supervision of conservational students.
|Copyright © 2013 Art Conservation Lab Mikhail Ovchinnikov
All rights reserved.
| CONTACT US
PHONE: (408) EMAIL: